Thursday 28 April 2011

Day 14 – Hotel Du Pacha and Sue kidnapped


Early rise and in to ‘Kech finding the hotel using the GPS. 
Hotel Du Pacha is a relic from the past, it has the feel of when travelling was an adventure. The lounge invites you to sit with a coffee and strike up a conversation with travellers on their own journeys.

Left my gear in the room and over to the Menara Airport to pick up Sue. So good to see her again!  We went for a walk down to Djeema el Fna, the square in ‘Kech where everything happens. We had a drink on the terrace of Cafe De Paris whilst viewing the people setting up stalls on the square. Walking through the square, Sue suddenly disappeared behind me...I’ll let her write about what happened: 
The atmosphere in the square was electric, a fusion of colours, smells and sounds - entertainers and street hawkers, steaming food stalls and lots of traditional dress.  I was lagging behind Lars soaking it all up when a large burkha dressed lady grabbed my hand gesturing to me to have a henna tattoo.  Before having any opportunity to escape she started to paint all over my arm and hand whilst standing in the middle of the road.  After almost being knocked down by a number of scooters she ushered me to sit down over at a small table where she was set up and finished the  job.  Much haggling later mostly undertaken by Lars, we went on our way - me proudly sporting my first ever tattoo! 
Miles: 52

Sue dragged away!



Tattoo finished!




Mike and Mark – Stayed in Best Western in Marrakesh, quite flash, didn’t have much choice due to arriving late, we met up with Lars and Sue in the Souk.


No comments:

Post a Comment